PDA

View Full Version : It does not seem to be going well on the hill

ssdd
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Tennessee senator Bob Corker just a$$ raped Nardelli about Cerberus owning Chrysler and having plenty of money. Corker said he was told by a Cerberus board member they were not going to invest any of it in Chrysler. Corker must hate Chrysler and Nardelli.

XDCX
12-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Tennessee senator Bob Corker just a$$ raped Nardelli about Cerberus owning Chrysler and having plenty of money. Corker said he was told by a Cerberus board member they were not going to invest any of it in Chrysler. Corker must hate Chrysler and Nardelli.

I've been trying to keep up on the Hearings by watching CNBC but I missed that portion. We all know the last thing Cerberus wants to do is invest another dime in Chrysler - that's a cheap shot.

CNBC did report at both Wagoner and Nardelli said they would agree to merge GM and Chrysler if that was a condition of receiving the Bridge Loans.

On another note, I keep hearing more and more about a "pre-packaged" bankruptcy - I think the dealers would get slaughtered if this were to happen.

ssdd
12-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I've been trying to keep up on the Hearings by watching CNBC but I missed that portion. We all know the last thing Cerberus wants to do is invest another dime in Chrysler - that's a cheap shot.

CNBC did report at both Wagoner and Nardelli said they would agree to merge GM and Chrysler if that was a condition of receiving the Bridge Loans.

On another note, I keep hearing more and more about a "pre-packaged" bankruptcy - I think the dealers would get slaughtered if this were to happen.

I agree Coker must be in bed with Cerberus because he came back later and said he supported a merger of GM and Chrysler and he was the mayor of Chattanooga when we got the VW plant...
A$$HOLE!

XDCX
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I agree Coker must be in bed with Cerberus because he came back later and said he supported a merger of GM and Chrysler and he was the mayor of Chattanooga when we got the VW plant...
A$$HOLE!

BINGO - I totally agree.

I'm convinced that Cerberus wants to dump Chrysler is the worst way. They have a ton of political horsepower and they almost got the deal done with the TARP money before the election.

Two weeks ago Washington D.C. was telling GM that if they got a Bridge Loan the money couldn't be used to fund a merger. Now the "spin" is that a merger may be required to get the money. I'm convinced that Cerberus is pushing this part of the deal. :mad:

The only one that wins with a GM/Chrysler merger is Cerberus. In fact, Chrysler has sunk so far that it may be the only way out.

dafuzz1956
12-05-2008, 03:28 AM
STUPID STUPID STUPID, why can't people learn to stay out of what they know nothing about. The car business needs to be run by car people. It is not like any other retail business out there, and if you don't bleed 10w30 you just aren't going to survive. Years ago I tried to get out and that lasted 5 weeks, the man I work for has been in it for 50+ years and he works more than any one else(he is 75).
Back to thought though, Chrysler should have known they were going to get in to trouble when Cerberus bought in, these idiots knew nothing about cars and in 18mos they know less. Everyone said that they would buy it break it and sell it and all of the factory boys bought in and said this would be different than the past, well guess what the stupid B's are following the same track. You can't change spots on alepard or is it you can't change the stripe on a skunk!!

ssdd
12-05-2008, 05:36 AM
yes I agree it is not a pretty picture for a CDJ guy right now...
that is why so many factory people left, they say the hand writing on the wall.

XDCX
12-05-2008, 10:57 AM
yes I agree it is not a pretty picture for a CDJ guy right now...
that is why so many factory people left, they say the hand writing on the wall.

As bad as it is for CJD, how would you like to be a Saturn Dealer right now?

If GM goes bankrupt the Saturn Dealers could be left hanging - time will tell....

XDCX
12-05-2008, 11:01 AM
STUPID STUPID STUPID, why can't people learn to stay out of what they know nothing about. The car business needs to be run by car people. It is not like any other retail business out there, and if you don't bleed 10w30 you just aren't going to survive. Years ago I tried to get out and that lasted 5 weeks, the man I work for has been in it for 50+ years and he works more than any one else(he is 75).
Back to thought though, Chrysler should have known they were going to get in to trouble when Cerberus bought in, these idiots knew nothing about cars and in 18mos they know less. Everyone said that they would buy it break it and sell it and all of the factory boys bought in and said this would be different than the past, well guess what the stupid B's are following the same track. You can't change spots on alepard or is it you can't change the stripe on a skunk!!

My view is that Cerberus bought Chrysler for Chrysler Financial and never had any long term plans for Chrysler Motors. Their plans were to slim it down and sell it off - and it almost worked.

Now the market is much worse then Cerberus imagined and they want out. That's why I think they're behind the scenes trying to force a deal with GM.

s32741bb
12-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I thought Senator Corker was very RUDE!!!!. Everyone should call his office and let him have it . Also maybe since NISSAN is now H/Quartered in Nashville he hates US AUTO COMPANIES???? I could not believe how RUDE he was to Nardelli. What a JERK!!!

XDCX
12-06-2008, 08:53 AM
I thought Senator Corker was very RUDE!!!!. Everyone should call his office and let him have it . Also maybe since NISSAN is now H/Quartered in Nashville he hates US AUTO COMPANIES???? I could not believe how RUDE he was to Nardelli. What a JERK!!!

Although I did not have a chance to listen to the hearings I've read that the exchange between Corker and Nardelli was somewhat hostile - Nardelli didn't even have the chance to respond to some of the questions.

At the risk of sounding paranoid, I think that most of this is just political gaming. I just read a great article in the New York Times that detailed how much political power Cerberus has and how their agenda differs from Chrysler's. Essentially, that a GM/Chrysler merger is good for Cerberus but bad for Chrysler. (I'll post a new thread with the New York Times article)

As I see it, a GM/Chrysler merger would result in massive job losses. The only way that Congress can support such action is if Chrysler looks like it's a basket-case - so screwed up that it can't survive on its own.

And that's exactly what this past week's theater was supposed to convey. :mad: