PDA

View Full Version : Employee Pricing Returns

dafuzz1956
11-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Did anyone else hear about Ford's return of E P? I agree we to generate sales in our showrooms but the end result is just pushing out the total recovery date of this sinking market were we can get closer to selling at a retail price vs everything going out the door at wholesale. There are possitives to both side of this but I miss making $60+k and so does my bank account.

goodone414
11-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Did anyone else hear about Ford's return of E P? I agree we to generate sales in our showrooms but the end result is just pushing out the total recovery date of this sinking market were we can get closer to selling at a retail price vs everything going out the door at wholesale. There are possitives to both side of this but I miss making $60+k and so does my bank account.

Yeah I think it starts tomorrow right? I really think if your going to have an EP Sale it needs to encompass everyone and not just Wal-Mart employees like Chrysler is trying. Atleast maybe it will help get inventory levels back in line. I really think the smartest think for any manufacturer to do in this enviroment would be to slash the price of new vehicles, send out new Monroney lables and eliminate ALL other incentives. A new 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 loaded for $25,000 In stead of $38,000 would cretainly get F-150 prospects to look at our product don't you think? Lets face it in a few months the reabtes and incentives will be such that you can buy new Ram loaded for 25k anyway!!!

dafuzz1956
11-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Good point GOODONE,

XDCX
11-18-2008, 12:52 PM

GM certainly had success with the Employee Price program when they ran it earlier this year. But they paid for it last month - October was the first month after the incentive and sales dropped 45%.

To the extent that it moves units and allows the dealers to draw down their inventories Employee Pricing is a good thing. But there's no question that you're pulling a certain number of sales forward and just like GM, there's a price to pay once the program is over.