PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Superior Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge?

XDCX
10-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I heard from a good friend that Superior Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge in The City of Industry is closing down.

I checked their website and it's still active but that's not always a sure sign.

Does anyone know what's up with Superior Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge?

XDCX
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
We heard from one of our members that Superior CJD is advising customers who call the dealership that they are no longer open for business.

I was curious to see if their Chrysler website was still active and was surprised to see that they show 128 2008 vehicles in inventory. For the sake of whoever is flooring those cars, I sure hope that information is wrong. :(

If not, can you imagine how big of a hit someone's going to take in an effort to liquidate 128 aged vehicles? You know that Chrysler's not going to take them back.

squish
02-13-2009, 02:04 PM
i have a deal done on one of their units in stock. i just called again and they answered on the first ring but told me they are shut down and i need to contact chrysler to see about buying the unit (of course it is the only one in the state that will work for this customer).

earlier today i emailed my cfc rep to see about buying it, he was aware of the closure and said their inventory wouldn't be available for a few weeks???? but maybe i could contact them and they would sell it me, thats why i just called back.

the lady i spoke with suggested i get ahold of chrysler motors and see if they would sell it to me. i asked my rep, who is not their rep, and his answer was for me to order it against march's allocation. what a help he is:mad:

so here i am with a deal worked out and i have to fight to try and get this thing all for little to no profit.

so the way i see, part of the ordering problem chrysler is going to have is all these units from these dealers that are closing are in direct competition with factory production.

a month ago we picked up a bunch of brand new units at the auction, we had to sell them as used with no incentives etc.., but we kicked butt with those. i wish i had a hundred more. sounds like i might get my chance soon.

but i still need that one unit... wish me luck!

XDCX
02-13-2009, 03:05 PM
so here i am with a deal worked out and i have to fight to try and get this thing all for little to no profit.

but i still need that one unit... wish me luck!

You might want to send a PM to dealer3100 - I think he had a similar issue last year when Urban CJD went down. I don't know if he ever got the vehicle he was looking for, but I recall he was working the "chain of command" in an effort to break it free.

Concerning auction vehicles with MSOs, I'm pleased to hear that you did well with these units. It definitely sounds like there will be more in the future.

On a side note, were the banks making their advance calls off of Invoice or your acquisition cost when you sold one of these vehicles?

squish
02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
You might want to send a PM to dealer3100 - I think he had a similar issue last year when Urban CJD went down. I don't know if he ever got the vehicle he was looking for, but I recall he was working the "chain of command" in an effort to break it free.

Concerning auction vehicles with MSOs, I'm pleased to hear that you did well with these units. It definitely sounds like there will be more in the future.

On a side note, were the banks making their advance calls off of Invoice or your acquisition cost when you sold one of these vehicles?

thanks for the advice on contacting another member. i think one of the greatest assests of this site is that we can share info like this and help each other out.

that being said i have been working the phone since my last post and it turns out that unit was retailed by superior earlier but wasn't nvdr'd until today which is why i located last night. so my search is over but my cfc rep finally came thru and was working hard for me to try and get the deal done, so we will try to get the customer interested in something else....hopefully something in stock.....isn't that a novel idea:rolleyes:

as for the MSO units, most were either cash or cudl. but if we did send it to a bank, since they were 2008's the banks were going off of book, and if that didn't work my gm would work with the buyer.

speaking of cudl, i think you posted a question about trying to get them to sponsor? i would say we have had nothing but good experience with them and they would be a nice sponsor to have:)

XDCX
02-13-2009, 09:47 PM
as for the MSO units, most were either cash or cudl. but if we did send it to a bank, since they were 2008's the banks were going off of book, and if that didn't work my gm would work with the buyer.

Thanks for the information.

speaking of cudl, i think you posted a question about trying to get them to sponsor? i would say we have had nothing but good experience with them and they would be a nice sponsor to have:)

Thanks for the input - I'll get in touch with CUDL next week.

I'm looking at it as a "win-win" - they get to promote their service with our members and the forum will grow as a result of having their reps out in the field talking about the forum. :)