PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Chrysler's new VOIM System

XDCX
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I'd be curious to hear any feedback about Chrysler's Vehicle Ordering and Inventory Management (VOIM) System.

I've never been a huge fan of DealerConnect and frankly it seems like most of the changes that Chrysler makes are actually steps backwards.

That said, I haven't had a chance to use the new VOIM System - hopefully it's a positive step forward.

lgoering
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Seems to be an improvement over old system. Although I am disappointed to see that the Chrysler programmers once again conformed to Internet Explorer standards instead of W3C standards so of course you can't use it with Firefox or Safari or any other browser.

SHACOS
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Can someone provide some details on this? I've never seen it before.

XDCX
10-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Can someone provide some details on this? I've never seen it before.

This is Chrysler's new system for ordering vehicles and managing inventories. It apparently consolidates 19 different tasks in the old DealerConnect System into one application.

As I've indicated, I have not used the new system but I'm not 100% sold that all of the improvements to DealerConnect are actually improvements. I may be too "old school" but I still believe that if it takes you more than 1 minute to order a vehicle that something must be wrong. :)

XDCX
10-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Seems to be an improvement over old system. Although I am disappointed to see that the Chrysler programmers once again conformed to Internet Explorer standards instead of W3C standards so of course you can't use it with Firefox or Safari or any other browser.

DealerConnect really does seem to be "hung-up" on forcing dealers to use a certain set of standards - restricting what browser you use, which version of Adobe, etc.

dafuzz1956
10-10-2008, 01:10 PM
From what I have done with VOIM, I think it is a major improvement. I find it easier to follow orders & inventory, plus it does seem quicker to order new vehicles

XDCX
10-10-2008, 04:19 PM
From what I have done with VOIM, I think it is a major improvement. I find it easier to follow orders & inventory, plus it does seem quicker to order new vehicles

Welcome to DealershipForum.com and thanks for the information.

I'm pleased to hear that the VOIM system is a major improvement - we could use some good news around here. :)

I spend a ton of time on the Internet and maybe that's why I'm overly critical of DealerConnect. Let's hope that Chrysler continues to make improvements.