PDA

View Full Version : Carson City Harley Dealership Closed - $4 Million Out of Trust

XDCX
12-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Okay, I know this isn't MotorcycleDealershipForum.com but I still thought it was interesting to read that the Harley-Davidson Dealership in Carson City, NV has been closed.

For the full news report - click here (http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/19457759-113/carson-city-harley-davidson-will-stay-closed-while-parties)

Harley-Davidson Credit Corporation contends they are owed in excess of $4 Million because the owners of the dealership failed to payoff flooring loans on motorcycles that had been retailed.

While I'm no expert on motorcycles, wouldn't it take a fair amount of effort to be $4 Million SOT at a Harley store? I'm guessing the average invoice is probably about $20K so that means 200 bikes had to have been sold without an offsetting flooring payment. How many Harleys could they have been selling in a city the size of Carson City? How often does HDCC do flooring checks?

Additionally, I thought Harley-Davidson stores were red hot on the buy/sell market. Maybe there's more to the story..... :confused: