PDA

View Full Version : New GM Parts Manager

bigblock
03-07-2015, 05:29 AM
Greetings. After fifteen years as an assistant in a large Mercedes Benz parts department and a short stint with ADP, I am now the Parts Manager in a medium sized GM dealership using Reynolds and Reynolds. I also have experience with several Japanese automakers but nothing remotely resembles the GM way of doing things. I have been in this position for about a month and was looking around online for tips and pointers and found this forum. I am taking over a department in bad shape but not nearly as bad as some of the horror stories I've read about on here. Any suggestions on starting out, evaluating the department, available training and key priorities in taking over are appreciated. A physical inventory was performed last December which went badly and led to my being hired. Many thanks to the experienced GM parts gurus that share their experience and knowledge.

XDCX
03-08-2015, 09:57 AM
bigblock - Thanks for creating an Introduction Thread and welcome to DealershipForum. :)

Based on your comments it sounds like you'll have your hands full as you deal with both a new OEM and a new computer system. I have known a lot of Parts Managers over the years who have had to contend with one change or the other but to have to contend with both at the same time will be a real challenge.

The forum has some great Parts Managers, many with GM experience, that will likely be able to help you if you have some questions concerning GM's multitude of programs or need some advice with Reynolds and Reynolds.

Thanks again for creating this thread and please feel free to jump into any existing threads or start a new one if there is some assistance you need.

tnpartsguy
03-10-2015, 08:11 AM
GM, I can help you on, R+R - sorry, never worked on that system. I'm on ADP, opps CDK Drivel, the worst DMS system ever.

What happened during the physical?