PDA

View Full Version : Ford's new 2011 HD Trucks

F&I Pro
05-04-2010, 09:23 AM
We've begun receiving the new 2011 HD trucks, had a customer here on vacation from Detroit who had broken down while pulling a 36 foot RV. He purchased a new F250 and headed back home, spoke with him this morning and he states that pulling the RV home he averaged 19-20 MPG with the diesel......If this holds true and we're told it should, look out guys and gals for Ford to increase it's market with the trucks.:rolley:

SHACOS
05-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Awesome! 19-20 is great. Wonder how it would do climbing the Rockies?

lsx only
05-04-2010, 11:27 AM
very nice diesels trucks are considered a status symbol here

LJS
05-28-2010, 06:34 AM
We've begun receiving the new 2011 HD trucks, had a customer here on vacation from Detroit who had broken down while pulling a 36 foot RV. He purchased a new F250 and headed back home, spoke with him this morning and he states that pulling the RV home he averaged 19-20 MPG with the diesel......If this holds true and we're told it should, look out guys and gals for Ford to increase it's market with the trucks.:rolley:

I hope for your sake it holds true, but we always found talk of diesel pick-up fuel mileage to be kind of like like coffee shop talk. If you start at one end of the counter, the first guy might say he gets 13, by the time you get to the other end the last guy gets like 39 mpg!

CarguyCO
05-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Yes...customers don't want to admit they get worse fuel economy than the other guy....happens every time.

Sorta like salesman and gross...

F&I Pro
07-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I hope for your sake it holds true, but we always found talk of diesel pick-up fuel mileage to be kind of like like coffee shop talk. If you start at one end of the counter, the first guy might say he gets 13, by the time you get to the other end the last guy gets like 39 mpg!

Gotta say, every customer we've spoken to so far with the 2011 Diesel are consistant with mileage averaging from 19-21 mpg regardless of usage and so far we haven't had a single complaint, pretty strong for an all new release.

XDCX
07-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Gotta say, every customer we've spoken to so far with the 2011 Diesel are consistant with mileage averaging from 19-21 mpg regardless of usage and so far we haven't had a single complaint, pretty strong for an all new release.

Wow, that's awesome.

I've notice more Ford commercials lately where they're making reference to the fact the Power Stroke engine is now made by Ford. I bet that's a strong selling point with the loyal Ford owners or the one who lost faith in the old engine from Navistar.

On a different note, I'm working to bring more Ford dealers to the site and want to thank one of our newest members, Jeff Duvall, for the tip. :)