PDA

View Full Version : Trivia note - Ford F-150 commercials shot at a closed dealership

XDCX
11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
In light of all the discussion Chrysler's new ads have created, I thought I'd share a trivia note I read about Ford's ads for the F-150 that feature Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) as a spokesperson - they were shot at a closed Ford dealership in Fairfield, CA. :rolleyes:

I think it's a little ironic that Ford would use one of their failed dealerships as a prop for their commercials, but the Director indicated that it was much easier (and presumably cheaper) to shoot the ads at a closed dealership than it was to select one that was still operational.

To their credit, I like the F-150 commercials. Even with Tivo I tend to watch the ads just to see what Mike Rowe has to say.

SHACOS
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I've been liking the Ford advertising plan lately. In fact, I even caught myself shopping for a Fusion Hybrid online today. :)

Ralph
11-30-2009, 02:16 PM
I was too busy processing the mountains of delivery paperwork from the onslaught of buyers stimulated by the new found confidence in Chrysler. LOL

XDCX
12-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I've been liking the Ford advertising plan lately. In fact, I even caught myself shopping for a Fusion Hybrid online today. :)

Ford's been doing a lot of things well lately. :)

I wish we had more Ford dealers on the forum - it would be interesting to hear about the current state of dealer/factory relations.

It will also be interesting to see if Ford still wants to reduce their number of dealerships or if they'll learn from the GM and Chrysler experience and take a different path.

lsx only
12-01-2009, 10:26 AM
i would like to hear from more ford dealers as well

newdealerman
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
i think they are all busy gaining market share.

XDCX
12-07-2009, 04:57 PM
i would like to hear from more ford dealers as well

i think they are all busy gaining market share.

The fact we don't have any Ford Dealers here is largely my fault - I haven't done much to market the site to them. :o

When I started the forum I assumed the "Build it and they will come" philosophy would be the key to the forum's growth. It didn't really work out that way..... :rolleyes:

My goal for 2010 is to grow the forum by marketing it to the various State Dealer Associations. Once we reach a point where we have 100+ members on the forum at any given time I think the forum will start to grow by "word of mouth."