PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Cubs file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

XDCX
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
It appears that "quick rinse" Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filings are in vogue. The Chicago Cubs have filed Chapter 11 in an effort to facilitate the team's sale to the founder of TD Ameritrade.

I haven't studied the situation closely enough to comment intelligently but I read that part of the reason for the filing was to shield assets from creditors that were burned by the bankruptcy of the L.A. Times.

Here's a link to the report - click here (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Chicago-Cubs-file-for-Ch-11-apf-1079567049.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=6&asset=&ccode=)

As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm concerned that Chrysler and GM have made the bankruptcy process appear too easy and attractive. :mad:

SHACOS
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a huge Cubs fan. The only thing I could hope for is that somehow the curse of the billy goat goes bankrupt with the rest of the team.

Breaking news: Chapter 11 bankruptcy will now be referred to as Chapter 101 bankruptcy after the 101 years of misery suffered by us, the loyal Cubs fan.

XDCX
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm a huge Cubs fan. The only thing I could hope for is that somehow the curse of the billy goat goes bankrupt with the rest of the team.

That's funny. :)

I just read the Wikipedia entry for "Curse of the Billy Goat" and there's no statement suggesting that the curse is broken if the Chicago Cubs declare bankruptcy. :(

Here's the link to the Wikipedia entry - click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Billy_Goat)

SHACOS
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Maybe I should add something to the Wikipedia article. Try back again in 20 minutes.

XDCX
10-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Maybe I should add something to the Wikipedia article. Try back again in 20 minutes.

That's what I love about Wikipedia. :)

Hell, if the Cubs had been smart they would have used the "Curse of the Billy Goat" as the main reason for the Chapter 11 filing.

Who cares about the facts anymore, this is America and it's all about the "spin." :rolleyes: