PDA

View Full Version : Server Upgrade for DealershipForum.com

XDCX
05-29-2009, 09:38 AM
In an effort to increase the speed and reliability of DealershipForum.com we're moving the site to an upgraded server. This change will take place in the next couple of weeks.

For most users this change will be totally transparent. For some, however, you may see a "Welcome to apache" screen when you try to view the site. If this happens, just turn off your computer and router for a few minutes and then restart them - this should cure the problem. (The problem is your computer tries to send you to the old IP address for the site - that's why it needs to be powered-down so it "forgets" the old information.)

I'll provide more details as warranted. :)

XDCX
06-08-2009, 07:02 AM
My web-host transferred DealershipForum.com to a new server over the weekend and this should increase our speed and reliability. :)

The new server has a firewall to block "Denial of Service" attacks which took the site offline a couple of times last month. Now that the site is on a more stable platform I will resume my efforts to increase traffic/membership.

WillSD
06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
XDCX -- No "page cannot be displayed" messages but the site was extremely slooooooooooooooooooooow on Saturday 6/6/2009.

XDCX
06-08-2009, 05:39 PM
XDCX -- No "page cannot be displayed" messages but the site was extremely slooooooooooooooooooooow on Saturday 6/6/2009.

Thanks for the update - I think that's when they were doing the transfer.

Please let me know if you experience any other problems now that we're on the new server.